Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Broken: A Poem by Aketzalli G.

My heart is smashed
Trying to put it back the best I can
But glue or tape won’t work
And it keeps breaking apart
I’m screaming
You can’t hear but I know you are
I need to move on
To forget all that’s happened
But my mind replays us again and again
I think I may still love you
But I don’t even recognize you
Your betrayal chain will soon set me free
And I’ll run from your memories
As I walk by myself
I feel really cold and shattered
Of course your not here to keep me warm
I’ll keep looking for the one who I know will put me back together
And keep me whole
I won’t be pulled down into your hell
To be forgotten and lost
You have broken me
Destroyed me into pieces
Broke all my dreams and feelings
Left me here still cold and crushed
My heart burns when I see you go
I have this venom that’s been poisoning me
Into something that’s not me
I’ll try to recover myself as a whole
Or forever shall I be broken

READ MORE

No comments: