Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Poem: A Duel of Hearts

by Anthony W.

Lay siege, burn it to the hell
The day is young in this cold war
Our locking eyes burn the ground.
Is my way not enough?

Every move you make a weapon
Every gesture a will
The softness of your skin is an instant kill

This is a battle of attrition
I steadily losing ground
Day by day coldness sweeps
Hands yet to touch your rosy cheeks

Though I shall falter
I’ll try again
Crossing the field within

As the dawn grows near
And so I march
With an ace so noble and true
A soul filled confession from me to you

They say god smiles on men
All of which is false
He cheers on the heart of the lost

No comments: