Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Alone: A Poem by Aketzalli G.

My biggest fear is being alone
The word and the action I fear of
Alone
Stranded in the middle of no where
The thought of being the only one
One
Nothing or no body there
In an endless world of darkness
Darkness
Where that evil hides and I get the feeling I don’t want to exist
Where there’s no light to bring hope
No hope
To believe in what’s right or good
For the peace in my mind in which is hard to find
No peace
To brighten the day for the one who believes in a new future
Too much chaos of angry voices to not notice no signs of life
Life
In which we all eventually die in the end
The only reason to live is for love so we are not the only one
Love
To dream into a new better world other than the dark one I’m in
Where two people truly care for each other and not worrying of being alone
Alone
With that word my fantasies disappear
The only thing I fear of
Only darkness and negative feelings come into my thoughts
That word makes peace and love fade away
And welcomes me back into the world of darkness with the evil that hides
Where I’m the only one
Alone
Nobody to help
Just me
Alone
Frightened of what’s coming
Alone
With no body there
I don’t want to be alone
Alone is what haunts me
Please somebody don’t leave me alone

READ MORE

No comments: