Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where I Am: A Poem by Aketzalli G.

I walk alone down an empty street
Looking for things I know will never exist
I’ll try hard to one day see
All dreams come true
And wishes happen to become real
A small piece of heaven between harsh hell
In a world where evil and hatred intertwines
The day I’ll feel a beautiful feeling
Be the day of my discovery of peace
Or love…
Or maybe all the feelings that’ll make me feel alive
Something that’ll guide me to where I am
A little light that’ll show me the way out
Into the daydream world that I always believed exist
Someplace where your heart can’t burn
In a place where promises can’t be broken
But now I have to catch up to others
To stay and deal with this hell
Until I relieve from this cruel feeling
And be the person whom I was
Only three questions hurts and irk me
Where am I?
How do I get out?
And who will I become after I get out?

No comments: