Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bloody Island

by Quincey

I walk up to my Sargent in his grave. He taught me everything in the war of 1944. I sat there remembering the painful, rough times we spent together. I started to cry.

“Go,Go,Go,Go". I ran out of the ship on to the beach bullet whistled past my ears and i heard screams of terror from behind. I ducked behind a barbwire dugout and bombs flew past me from the distance there was blood every were."Mclovin get over here". I ran as fast as i can i looked an looked i jumped and barely made it to the sand pit. There was doctors helping wounded solder, then he got shot. I was looking around waiting for order and this guy got shot in the head but the bullet didn't go thought his helmet."Go Mclovin Go I ran and ran with my pall Edward at my side. I saw a German and shot him in the head. i stopped and gun fire went flying past us. Sargent Ryan came flying up, and threw a grenade and all you saw was dead people in the air. We ran up the hill to the machine gun nests. And I threw a smoke grenade in the building were most of the men got killed by Germans and they came running, out i shot all three. My group is called the Big Red one, we kill for nothing.

We Moved on, we went up a hill and saw Germans torturing a Big red one. We released fire. They died.We took a breather the gang looked down there was blood in the water an dead mean when the tide came up. More blood would rush up in beach an sink in the sand. We moved and we ran in to a dead end bang, bang,bang, arrrg.ahh. I came form behind i shot the two Germans that was in the machine gun nest. We lost allot that day 40 casualties, 5 wounded, Moved on. We came across a bridge. There was 20 solders, this was the turning point of the war. The Germans could not pass the bridge. Day 1 tactics day 2 war.

They came around the corner ready to fight and die. Bang Bang, bullets flew. I was next to Sargent Ryan. shooting he yells sticky bombs. Boom, my ears crackle that the bang was so loud more came they came from the north,west and east. we moved back our sniper sniped more than half the German's. brhhhhhh. A grenade hit the building. our sniper was dead, we moved back. No more tanks, Sargent Ryan retreats and gets shot in the leg. Ughh, Bang,Bang,Bang, blows a tank finally we are lying there praying to god for help. Boom. Reinforcements are here. Before Sargent died he said to me. "Now you are honorable to Leave. I tell this story from the true events in the war, when i die i won't be scared to go to hell cause i was there!

No comments: