Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Essay: The First Day I Came to York

by Luis R.

The first day I arrived in York, I thought it was a nice place. I never lived in a city before, so I didn’t know what it was like in a city. When I got here the first person I met was my best friends grandma, she didn’t know we just moved in, so she screamed at me and my brother because we were in the backyard. The she apologized and introduced me to a person that is now my best friend. That’s how I met Quincey.

When we got to York we didn’t have a car so we had to use the busses to get to places.
Me, my mom, my little sister, and my little brother, it was our first time ever getting on a bus, we really didn’t know what to do but my step dad did so we didn’t get lost. My little sister enjoyed the ride on the bus, I didn’t, and it was too crowded. Then we finally got to where we wanted to a restaurant called Daddyos Pizza. We ate but they had something I never seen or tried before,”Chocolate Pizza”. I went and took two slices and had my first bite it was so good I had another.

We went back home. I saw Quincey at the back yard playing soccer, so I asked him if I could play he said yes. We stated playing soccer and I was good but not that good. My mom told me there was a McDonalds close to our house but I didn’t know where it was, so I asked Quincey if he knew where it was he said yes. I asked him to take me so I could get food for my mom and some for us will we were there. We went back home with a bag of food. Quincey invited me to go to his house, but to be careful with the dog because they bite. I went to Quincey’s house for the first time. The dogs didn’t bite, they just barked but after a will they liked me. We went back to my house and Quincey asked for some rice, and I gave him some, and he liked it. Quincey went home because it was late. That’s how me and Quincey became fiends.

No comments: