Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Disillusioned

by Fiona
 
Reality is a dimension,
The door is locked and there is no key.
I tried to tell you, but you wouldn’t listen,
Beautiful eyes can deceive.
 
Abstract thought becomes appealing,
Lost in your mind, miles away.
Your feelings float, but your head is reeling,
In time with Love’s music you sway.
 
Space looks different when you’re cold,
The stars seem to laugh as you go by.
Here’s my hand, of it grab hold,
As time goes passing slowly by.
 
The words are there, but not the song.
The want is there, but not the need.
I was right and you were wrong,
So give me your hand, let me lead.
 
Gravity always takes its toll;
You crashed through Reality’s ceiling.
In time you’ll heal and be more than whole,
We’ll live through the thunder you’re feeling.
 
Your spirit is free, though now a bit cold,
Swallow your pride and never sigh.
Life goes on or so I’m told,
In time we both shall learn to fly.

No comments: