Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Illusion

by Yatzi G.

It happened to me once

And I have fallen again twice

The first time it happened it ended really crappy

And the second time I thought would have made me happy

I deceived myself more than once into an illusion

And there is no confusion

I thought at first “what the heck I’ll give it a try!”

And soon enough it ended with a heart broken and goodbye

It wasn’t all that bad, but I felt stupid

For I had fallen for that dumb game of cupid’s

It took me awhile

But soon returned my smile

For I had found something to lean on

Something that was never gone

A friend

Who apparently without noticing helped me mend

He was special, different, and extremely unique

And I can’t believe he was once a geek!

I got to know him and soon

I was the arm that he was leaning on

And as he did for me, I was never gone

We would talk for hours

And he once did give me a flower

I didn’t know what was going on

And I didn’t notice how stupid I was

For he and his actions were my flaws

Soon when I would see him it wasn’t the same

For again I had fallen in cupid’s stupid game

I was happy

And maybe sometimes quite snappy

But he didn’t care I was the awesomest person he had ever known

And that he told me on the phone

But then one day

He went another way

He wanted something else

That was not me

And that was the end of my love for he

I do not know what will happen

But he will be my friend no matter what

But I do promise to be the arm he leans on

And promise I will never be gone

So this was my illusion

And maybe staying friends might be the conclusion

No comments: