Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Shackled to the Darkness

by Fiona

Can you read my weakened mind?
Can you feel all of my emotions?

Do you see the shackles that bind
Me to my inevitable destiny?

Can you see right through me?
Do you hear my thoughts?

Have you listened to my plea
For a rescue from the dark?

Do you watch me from afar?
And is it possible that you know
How I wish on each bright star?
Can you know for what I wish?

I am wishing for something true:
Two true hearts, one true love.

It could be me; can it be you?
Are you my rescue from the dark?

With one touch my body trembles,
I shiver like a tiny, frightened child.

Can you unlock these chafing shackles?
Can you read my unloved mind?

No comments: