Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: The Dream

by Korey
 
*The Dream* by Korey
Come dance with me, into this starry night
Hold on to me, in the liquid moonlight
Please let this last, never let go
This doesn’t happen often, so
I will cherish this endless waltz of love
As if it was an angelic dove.
Don’t change the beat, keep up the tempo,
Let’s see how far this night can go
 
But are you real or just a dream?
A little bit of both it seems.
So please don’t leave, stay with me
Or else this love will no longer be
The grandest time of my entire life
The separation would be like the stab of a knife.
With the best pleasure comes the deepest pain
Hmmm....I guess I’m just a bit insane.
 
So I ask once more "Just who are you?"
But it was the last I could do
For then I awoke, but I don’t recall
If the dream ever existed at all.

No comments: