Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Lonesome Cries Upon My Tears

by Devin
 
His kiss is in the wind,
A soft breeze across my lips.
His tears are in the rain
Soaking my heart in the unrelenting storm.
His smile is in the sunshine
As I sit in the garden and watch the butterflies.
His praise is in the sunrays that beat down on my back,
I smile when I remember you.
 
Your eyes are in the stars
Twinkling every time I catch your gaze.
Your arms are my sheets at night
When I dream of our lazy afternoons.
My tears are the only memory
Of the past I once called love.
 
I’m lonesome when I reminisce upon our ending.
I cry when I remember how you once felt.
I’m tired when I dream of falling asleep in your arms.
I’m sad when I know that I still love you
And that I still want you back.
 
But now that time has passed,
I know you never loved me,
Not nearly as the passing fortnights
And I wish upon the every star
That I can just forget the memories.

No comments: