Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Mother

by Alex M.
 
Mother, to me you are so dear
You helped me grow every year
When I became scared
You held me and cared
When I was unhappy or things went wrong
You held me tight and pushed me to be strong
When I was bad and in trouble
You punished me on the double
There were times that I threw up
You then gave me 7-up
Good times were when you made pizza dough
Or we would play Dr. Mario
The long trips to visit grandma and grandpa in Great Falls
Were spent with Bon Jovi or Def Leppard bouncing off car walls
And when I would play ball
You would cheer me through it all
Soon I will become a man
Working as hard as I can
And by God’s demand
I will take a stand
And so it is time for me to go
But I really do want you to know
For you I will always there be
As you were always there for me.

No comments: