Welcome to the Slant, where you'll find reviews and original writings by the members of Martin Library's Teen Advisory Board.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poem: Sometimes

by Devin

Sometimes I wish you would smile,
when I am happy,
when I am strong
Sometimes I wish your hands would lift me farther when I am soaring
Sometimes I wish you wouldn't notice my flaws
It would be nice,
to have the sun sparkle on my accomplishments
and stars smiles at my every delight.
Sometimes, when I am down
It would be nice to let the shades of the willow tree
hide my shame from all to see
Sometimes I wish you'd notice
my tears like the raindrops on swollen window panes
Sometimes I wish you'd be proud of me
When I am smiling
When I am laughing
When I am glowing
When I am happy.
And sometimes I dream
that you're blind to the shadows on the other side of me.

No comments: